Yard Decor Wahiawa HI
Pearl City, HI
M-SA 6 am - 10 pm
SU 7 am - 9 pm
Pearl City, HI
7 Yard Decor Ideas
Written by Matthew C. Keegan // 2012/02/28 // Yard and Garden // No comments
Homeowners enjoy personalizing their yards, by adding decor that reflects their tastes and is admired by visitors and people passing by. You can add yard decor from the whimsical to the practical, finding a variety of items to fit most any budget. Let’s take a look at seven smart ideas for yard decor, ideas you’ll want to consider for your yard this year.
1. Garden planters — Why dig holes when an attractive cast stone planter can hold a variety of plants, even a small tree? Planters add style, are very durable and can withstand winter conditions. In warmer weather they can showcase a spray of seasonal flowers and add value to your home. Large planters range in price from $200 to $500 with sale prices offering further discounting.
2. Welcome garden planters – If you live in a townhouse or in an apartment, then the gardening is left to others. However, if you have a private entrance and a small patio, then a welcome garden planter made of sturdy steel construction and a coco-line planter can be a real eye-catcher. A welcome sign greets your guests and offers a festive touch for this attractive planter. Include your own seasonal flowers or plants. Priced from under $100.
3. Decorative garden bridge — You won’t walk on it, but a decorative garden bridge offers an attractive accent, providing the perfect “bridge” between two different areas of your garden. Such bridges are typically four-feet long and are wooden. Leave it unpainted or finish it to suit your tastes. Priced from under $300 and offering years of practical use. Or choose a heavier, longer, wider and sturdier bridge for large gardens and designed to hold your weight.
4. Country corner picket fence — Bring beauty and charm to your yard or garden by putting in a corner picket fence. Such fences are of wood or polymer construction and provide a welcome and restive focal-point for any home. These four-foot fences are priced from under $100.
5. Copper funnel cup rain chain — Who knew that rain could be so fun to watch? A copper funnel cup rain chain captures rain water, swirling it as it flows from cup to cup before exiting to your drain or to the ground. Hang these from the eave of your house or place them from a sturdy pole or branch. The copper will eventually weather and take on a handsome verdigris patina as time goes by. These sets retail from under $100.
6. Garden terrace fountain — There are a number of attractive designs available. The one we like is of cast stone constructions and serves as a coin fountain. With this design, water dances down the sides and provides a pleasant sound gurgling sound. Place this on your patio or in your yard to attract birds. We’ve seen similar units with no plumbing needed and a pump included retailing for less than $200.
7. Telling ...