Home Remodeling Claymont DE
RICKS TREE SERVICE LLC
GLEN MILLS, PA
American Cabinet Refinishing
New Castle, DE
Better Builders and Remodelers
Prospect Park, PA
J. L. Natoli Excavating
West Chester, PA
7 Current Trends in Home Remodeling
Written by Matthew C. Keegan // 2012/03/08 // Home Renovation // No comments
Do you remember the soaring housing market of the 1990s and 2000s? Of course you do. Those two decades led to the biggest run up in housing prices we’ve seen in our lifetime. But, it was also followed by a historic collapse that began to show up in 2006 before emerging as the dominant trend in 2008. Four years later and most housing markets have yet to recover with analysts seeing no full recovery before 2013 at the earliest.
Homeowners are still making changes to their houses if they’ve had the good fortune to stay in place and the funds on hand to make some updates. In times past, they looked at their homes as their most important investment and updated accordingly. Today, most homeowners are simply glad to own a home and are managing this asset accordingly. That means home remodeling trends have changed to reflect today’s realities notes the Washington Post .
If you’re planning to stay in place for many years, the following remodeling ideas are worth considering:
1. Open up rooms. Instead of changing the footprint of your house, you can make better use of your space by opening up rooms. This option is especially popular in older homes where smaller rooms dominate. With an open floor plan you have more options for laying out your furniture.
2. Build a deck. Higher gas prices mean that more people will be spending time around their homes this summer. This means that “staycations” will emerge as the dominant way to save money. People who spend more time at home still want access to the outdoors and that means new decks will be added to expand the outdoor living space. Some people will add pools too to round out their outdoor planning.
3. Refurbish the bathroom. Gutting the bathroom can be expensive, therefore a more subtle update can still give this room a fresh look and add value. One area where a major difference can be made and at a price you can afford is with your bathroom tile . The job can be difficult and messy, therefore hiring the right professional to do the work is a must. Get three bids from flooring contractors and check each professional’s references. You may be able to save some money by negotiating to remove debris yourself.
4. Replace roofing. A well-maintained roof is essential for any house and if your roof leaks or looks drab, you’ll want to make this repair or replacement a priority. Keep in mind that shingle prices rise and fall with the price of oil, therefore you could be in for a sticker shock when shopping for a new roof. If your roof can be patched consider that option for now, waiting to replace it when oil prices stabilize or fall.
5. Let there be light. Dark houses require the use of much light and with electricity prices rising, bringing in more natural light is essential. If you’re planning to replace windows, con...
Philadelphia Flower Show 2018
Dates: 3/4/2018 – 3/11/2018
Pennsylvania Convention Center Philadelphia
1101 Arch Street
The Philadelphia Flower Show, internationally recognized as one of the nation's premiere events as well as the oldest and largest indoor show of its kind, is produced by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society. PHS has more than 15,000 members throughout the country, offers hundreds of educational programs year-round, and is considered the nationâ�TMs leading authority on urban renewal through greening. PHS's acclaimed Philadelphia Green program restores neighborhood parks, creates community gardens, conducts large scale tree plantings, revitalizes vacant land, engages thousands of citizens in community development activities and maintains treasured public landscapes. Its greening efforts are modeled in many cities across the country.Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Philadelphia Flower Show 2018? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.