Home Interior Remodeling Windham ME
RL Sanborn Masonry
North Windham, ME
EcoMaids of Casco Bay
Coastal Maine Interiors
7 Quick & Inexpensive Home Interior Updates
Written by Matthew C. Keegan // 2012/02/16 // News Releases // No comments
Updates that can handled in one afternoon or over a long weekend.
Last week, we shared with our readers 7 Quick & Inexpensive Home Exterior Updates . This week, we’re stepping inside and will focus on tips related to your kitchen and bathrooms, two of the most important areas in the home buyers consider when shopping for a home.
1. Add a new kitchen work station — The expression “there is only room for one cook in a kitchen” does not hold true in all households. For some families, both husbands and wives like to share in meal preparation, with each person needing a dedicated work station. Consider setting up a second station by extending a counter or adding in a free-standing island.
2. Build a kitchen pantry — You may not have enough room to store all of your food, but you have a closet that can be repurposed to do the work. If so, then convert that closet into a pantry. Add shelves, lighting and flooring as needed. You may need to run HVAC too if you need a temperature controlled room.
3. Replace your kitchen’s flooring — Flooring can get expensive, but an alternative to wood flooring is laminate. Or, if you have existing wood flooring, then have it refinished. Go with a different color to update the kitchen.
4. Update your appliances — Replacing your stove, dishwasher and refrigerator may seem price prohibitive, but the savings you’ll gain by choosing energy efficient appliances can help defray some of that cost. Buying all three at once gives you room to negotiate with merchants.
5. Install a skylight — A strategically placed skylight can open up any room including a bathroom. Choose a vented skylight to increase air circulation. Choose opaque glass if privacy is a concern for you.
6. Modernize your fixtures — Short of an expensive overall for t...