Home Exterior Remodeling Rolling Meadows IL
Carol Stream, IL
Lake Barrington, IL
Specialty Contractor, Remodeler, Commercial Contractor, Custom Builder
Better Business Bureau, National Association of the Remodeling Industry
East Dundee, IL
Closet Organizing Systems is a manufacturer of custom-designed closet and cabinetry storage systems for residential and commercial applications. We make a variety of closet systems, locker systems, book shelving, built-in style casework, garage storage c
Licenses / Certifications
There are no special state licensure requirements for our scope of work.
We were awarded by our industry peers 2 Top Shelf Design awards in 2007.
We are also affiliated with National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) along with the American Society of Closet Professionals (ACSP).
Years in Business
In addition to our regularly advertised discounts, we often run monthly product or accessory specials. Please contact us for additional details.
7 Quick & Inexpensive Home Exterior Updates
Written by Matthew C. Keegan // 2012/02/09 // Exterior Home // No comments
Give your home some sparkle this weekend.
Does your house give you the blahs when you look at it from the outside? Short of a pricey renovation, you can do some things to help step up your home’s visual appeal, projects that can be done in an afternoon or over a long weekend. Add some sparkle to your home to give it a lift, sending your blahs packing!
1. Paint the mailbox — Homes with rural or curbside mailboxes can add some pizzazz by painting the post and wrapping the mailbox. Add a neutral color to the post or one that matches the exterior of your home. Mailbox wraps can be changed seasonally and include a festive look such as an American flag, a whimsical children’s character layout or take on a Christmas look around the holidays.
2. Add window cladding — Windows can be updated quickly by adding aluminum cladding on window frames. Cladding is a low-maintenance enhancement, one that comes in various colors. If your home needs to “pop” then cladding can help get it done.
3. Change the lighting — Old light fixtures can look fine, but if those fixtures were trendy, then the appeal may have long past by. Replace your front entrance lighting with new fixtures. While you’re at it, change door knockers, house numbers and put down a new welcome mat.
4. Paint the front door — A white door may be fine, but it can be so commonplace. Why not rip a page out of the “doors of Dublin” playbook (see second reference) to design a look that can transform your home? You don’t have to replace the door in its entirety, but consider doing so if your door is worn or outdated.
5. Add or replace shutters — Shutters add visual appeal to any home and can contrast windows, siding or both. Old shutters can detract from your home; new shutters can give your home a fresh look. Choose easy maintenance shutters made from fiberglass or PVC.
6. Stain your concrete — Take that blah-looking front patio or walkway and mix in some color. Whoever said that walkways must be white? There is much preparation to be done to give your concrete a new look and you’ll need to apply a sealant. That means you may need to take several days or a pair of weekends to give your concrete a fresh look.
7. Plant flowers — Perhaps all that is needed to give your home a...