Home Exterior Remodeling Bear DE
New Castle, DE
Superior Deck and Porch Inc.
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing, New Kitchen Cabinet Remodeling, New cabinet Installation, Kitchen Remodeling, Flooring, Bathroom Remodeling, Closets, Garage Remodeling
Licenses / Certifications
Years in Business
American Cabinet Refinishing
7 Quick & Inexpensive Home Exterior Updates
Written by Matthew C. Keegan // 2012/02/09 // Exterior Home // No comments
Give your home some sparkle this weekend.
Does your house give you the blahs when you look at it from the outside? Short of a pricey renovation, you can do some things to help step up your home’s visual appeal, projects that can be done in an afternoon or over a long weekend. Add some sparkle to your home to give it a lift, sending your blahs packing!
1. Paint the mailbox — Homes with rural or curbside mailboxes can add some pizzazz by painting the post and wrapping the mailbox. Add a neutral color to the post or one that matches the exterior of your home. Mailbox wraps can be changed seasonally and include a festive look such as an American flag, a whimsical children’s character layout or take on a Christmas look around the holidays.
2. Add window cladding — Windows can be updated quickly by adding aluminum cladding on window frames. Cladding is a low-maintenance enhancement, one that comes in various colors. If your home needs to “pop” then cladding can help get it done.
3. Change the lighting — Old light fixtures can look fine, but if those fixtures were trendy, then the appeal may have long past by. Replace your front entrance lighting with new fixtures. While you’re at it, change door knockers, house numbers and put down a new welcome mat.
4. Paint the front door — A white door may be fine, but it can be so commonplace. Why not rip a page out of the “doors of Dublin” playbook (see second reference) to design a look that can transform your home? You don’t have to replace the door in its entirety, but consider doing so if your door is worn or outdated.
5. Add or replace shutters — Shutters add visual appeal to any home and can contrast windows, siding or both. Old shutters can detract from your home; new shutters can give your home a fresh look. Choose easy maintenance shutters made from fiberglass or PVC.
6. Stain your concrete — Take that blah-looking front patio or walkway and mix in some color. Whoever said that walkways must be white? There is much preparation to be done to give your concrete a new look and you’ll need to apply a sealant. That means you may need to take several days or a pair of weekends to give your concrete a fresh look.
7. Plant flowers — Perhaps all that is needed to give your home a...
Philadelphia Flower Show 2018
Dates: 3/4/2018 – 3/11/2018
Pennsylvania Convention Center Philadelphia
1101 Arch Street
The Philadelphia Flower Show, internationally recognized as one of the nation's premiere events as well as the oldest and largest indoor show of its kind, is produced by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society. PHS has more than 15,000 members throughout the country, offers hundreds of educational programs year-round, and is considered the nationâ�TMs leading authority on urban renewal through greening. PHS's acclaimed Philadelphia Green program restores neighborhood parks, creates community gardens, conducts large scale tree plantings, revitalizes vacant land, engages thousands of citizens in community development activities and maintains treasured public landscapes. Its greening efforts are modeled in many cities across the country.Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Philadelphia Flower Show 2018? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.